Storyrocket - Terms of Service
Last Updated on January 1, 2017.
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve our Service, to administer your use of the Service (including your account, if you are an account holder), and to enable you to enjoy and easily navigate our Service.
Personally Identifiable Information
When you create an account we will collect certain information that can be used to identify you, such as your name, date of birth, email address, and general location, such as your city and state (“Personally Identifiable Information”). Some of this information, for example, your name, is listed publicly on our Service, including any information you provide on your profile page (except your email address and date of birth) and in search results. We may also collect certain information that is not Personally Identifiable Information because it cannot be used by itself to identify you, such as what content you view on the Service.
Information We Collect From You Directly
When you use the Service, open one of our emails, sign up for an account create, or share, and message or communicate with others on Storyrocket, we automatically collect the following:
- Your Content (e.g., photos, comments, projects, and other materials) that you post to the Service.
- Communications between you and Storyrocket.
- Profile page information that you add to your user profile (e.g., first and last name, and email). Please note that during the registration process we give you the opportunity to provide additional information to be added to your profile page, such as your work history, educational background, and to add a picture of yourself (“Additional Information”). This Additional Information will be displayed publicly and you may make changes to the Additional Information at any time. This allows us to help you or others be "found" on Storyrocket.
- Your username, which will be your email address, password, and birthdate provided when you registered for a Storyrocket account.
Information We Receive or Collect From You Indirectly
- When you use Storyrocket from a computer, mobile phone or other device, our servers automatically record information (“Log Data”), including information that your powser sends whenever you visit a website. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web pages you visited that had Storyrocket features, powser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used Storyrocket, and cookie data (explained below).
- We keep track of the actions you take on Storyrocket, such as posting projects, adding friends, or uploading a picture.
Information You Share on Storyrocket
We designed our privacy settings to enable you to control how you share your information on Storyrocket. You should review the default privacy settings to make sure they reflect your preferences.
Why We Collect Your Information
Storyrocket may use information that it receives to:
- Show you advertisement you may be interested in.
- Provide user support, including to our business partners.
- Improve our marketing and promotional efforts.
- Improve the way the Service works and looks.
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about Storyrocket and its business partners.
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support or administrative messages and service bulletins.
- Respond to questions and comments.
The above list does not provide you with all the reasons why Storyrocket collects your information. If you should have any further questions or concerns, please send any and all inquiries to email@example.com. We will be happy to answer any additional questions.
Sharing Your Personal Information
- We may also share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
- We also may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third party organizations that help us provide the Service to you ("Service Providers"). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We may also share certain information such as cookie data with third party advertising partners. This information would allow third party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from you as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your Personally Identifiable Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personally Identifiable Information.
Third Party Websites
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Modifying Your Personal Information
If you want to delete your Personally Identifiable Information and your account, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. We will take steps to delete your information as soon as practicable, but some information may remain in archived/backup copies for our records or as otherwise required by law.
Our Service is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us.
Questions and Concerns